These documents can be helpful when advocating with employers that have transgender exclusions in their employee health plans.
- Liability for Transgender Health Care Exclusions in Employer Health Plans by TLDEF (May 26, 2020).
- LGBTQ Title VII Ruling May Impact Your Employee Benefit Plan by Jacob Mattinson, Emily Rickard & Judith Wethall of McDermott Will & Emery LLP, The National Law Review (June 22, 2020).
- Supreme Court rules Title VII protects LGBTQ employees from workplace discrimination by Edward Fensholt (Lockton) (June 16, 2020).
- Challenging Transition-Related Care Exclusions Through Disability Rights Law by Kevin M. Barry, Symposium: Disability Rights: Past, Present, and Future, UDC Law Review (Feb. 5, 2020).
- Transgender Health Benefits: Best Practices & Legal Considerations by Todd Solomon, Jacob Mattinson & Erin Steele of McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Benefits Magazine 56(8):22-28 (Aug. 2019).
- HHS Proposed Regulations Remove Protections from the Affordable Care Act for Transgender Patients by Denise M. Visconti, Finn Pressly & Anne Sanchez LaWer (Littler) (July 11, 2019).
- Group Health Plans Cannot Categorically Exclude Coverage for Gender Dysphoria, Say Two More Federal Courts by Nathaniel M. Glasser & Cassandra Labbees (Epstein Becker & Green) (Oct. 4, 2018).
- A Gender Transition Primer: The Evolution of ADA Protections and Benefits Coverage by Nonnie L. Shivers, 11th Annual ABA Labor and Employment Law Conference (Nov. 1, 2017).
- Who May Sue You and Why: How to Reduce Your ERISA Risks, and the Role of Fiduciary Liability Insurance by Lars C. Golumbic, A Chubb Special Report (July 2017).