These documents can be helpful when advocating with employers that have transgender exclusions in their employee health plans.
- Liability for Transgender Health Care Exclusions in Employer Health Plans, TLDEF (Nov. 30, 2020).
- Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity: Issues for Employer Group Health Plans, John D. Arendshorst (Varnum LLP), The National Law Review (Oct. 1, 2020).
- Recent Supreme Court Decision Might Require Changes to Your Benefit Plans – LGBT Coverage Issues, Nick J. Welle (Foley & Lardner LLP) (July 15, 2020).
- 3 Checklists for Avoiding LGBTQ Discrimination in Your Benefits Programs, Stephen Miller (Society for Human Resource Management) (June 30, 2020).
- LGBTQ Title VII Ruling May Impact Your Employee Benefit Plan, Jacob Mattinson et al. (McDermott Will & Emery LLP), The National Law Review (June 22, 2020).
- Supreme Court rules Title VII protects LGBTQ employees from workplace discrimination, Edward Fensholt (Lockton) (June 16, 2020).
- Challenging Transition-Related Care Exclusions Through Disability Rights Law, Kevin M. Barry, Symposium: Disability Rights: Past, Present, and Future, UDC Law Review (Feb. 5, 2020).
- Transgender Health Benefits: Best Practices & Legal Considerations, Todd Solomon, Jacob Mattinson & Erin Steele (McDermott Will & Emery LLP), Benefits Magazine 56(8):22-28 (Aug. 2019).
- HHS Proposed Regulations Remove Protections from the Affordable Care Act for Transgender Patients, Denise M. Visconti et al. (Littler) (July 11, 2019).
- Group Health Plans Cannot Categorically Exclude Coverage for Gender Dysphoria, Say Two More Federal Courts, Nathaniel M. Glasser & Cassandra Labbees (Epstein Becker & Green) (Oct. 4, 2018).
- A Gender Transition Primer: The Evolution of ADA Protections and Benefits Coverage, Nonnie L. Shivers, 11th Annual ABA Labor and Employment Law Conference (Nov. 1, 2017).
- Who May Sue You and Why: How to Reduce Your ERISA Risks, and the Role of Fiduciary Liability Insurance, Lars C. Golumbic, A Chubb Special Report (July 2017).
Updated on Dec 1, 2020