Louisiana Medicaid policy covers transgender-related health care.
- Aetna - Gender Reassignment Surgery
- AmeriHealth Caritas - Gender Dysphoria
- Healthy Blue - Endometrial Ablation
- Healthy Blue - Gender Reassignment Surgery
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections (Centene Corporation)
- UnitedHealthcare - Gender Dysphoria Treatment (Community Plan)
While there is no official guidance from the Louisiana Department of Health, the managed care organizations operating under Louisiana's Medicaid program have clinical policy guidelines for covering transgender-related care.
If you have been denied transgender-related care under a Louisiana Medicaid plan, please contact us.
Updated on Jun 6, 2020